Can't open internet on Desire Phone with02Support

Last Updated:

1. vagabond

vagabond New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    I can open FB & twitter etc on my desire phone but cant connect to the internet, it keeps coming up with the application internet (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. then i have to press the forceclose button. I have wifi on, my preferred network is set to gsm/wcdma auto, im with 02.

can anyone advise what i have to do or what im doing wrong as this has only been happening in the last 2 weeks, it did work before.

Many thanks
    V

Advertisement
  2. MDesire2010

MDesire2010 Well-Known Member

I'd first shut the phone down and pull the battery out for 30 seconds if you haven't already. Could also go into Settings and "Clear Cache" / "Force Stop" and reboot it. First things that come to my mind.

vagabond likes this.
  3. bodom78

bodom78 New Member

Hi, Ive tried removing the battery option but to no avail. Which setting option should I "Clear Cache"/"Force Stop".

Thanks

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

its not to do with o2 or 3g settings as you said wifi is enabled and it still does it. internet will go via your router and not the apn settings.

to clear cache and force stop you can go to settings>applications>manage applications>all>internet
    clear data.

i would imagine it could be something else though. you could either factory reset the device or download another browser like "dolphin HD" and use that instead