cant open mms received from my wifes incredible on my moto droid

Last Updated:

1. 2istyroads

2istyroads Active Member This Topic's Starter

Long story short; got my wife a incredible yesterday, I was at work and she sent me a few pics of our son received them fine. Today she tried sending me pics of our newborn nephew while I was at work and everytime id receive this message "download of message(no subject) was not successful" I had her delete the most recent apps she had downloaded and restart her phone and still same issue.

I had my friends send me picture messages n I received them fine.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. mully

mully Well-Known Member

My wife has a Droid Eris and I have Moto Droid and this happens to me intermittently. Some pics come to my phone fine. Others get the same error message you get. I have yet to figure out why.

3. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

It's probably a Verizon issue if they aren't downloading to your phone properly. If you simply can't open the picture that is sent, which is a problem I've had, I haven't figured that one out yet. I'll see the image in my messenging app, but when I click on it to open in gallery or astro its just a black screen. . .

4. 2istyroads

Hmmm I see . She had a palm pre plus before and we never had this problem. Its not really such a big deal but its kinda annoying. Since she just got it and hasn't done much to it I'm going to do a factory reset on it today and see if that helps cus I mean what if I want some boob shots and I can't view them hahaha

5. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Again, it sounds like an issue with Verizon not either of the phones. I would talk to someone at Verizon, either call or stop by one of the retail stores.

6. 2istyroads

Yea I asked my buddy yesterday that's a manager @ one of th verizon stores he's one of the people I asked to send me pics he also has an incredible and I received his pics fine.

7. 2istyroads

Ill call verizon n see what they say.

Thank u guys for the help.

8. 2istyroads

I figured the problem out super easy and stupid. And I know that's the problem because I tried it many many many times. After doing a factory reset and updating roaming capabilities still nothing.

So just for kicks I typed in the letter A as the subject then I send the mms n when I received it it actually opened the pic fine. So I tried again w out anything typed in the subject n sent it when I got it I got the problem again. Sent another one w a subject title and it worked again. I did this a lot of times so yup :)

9. Drumminraider204

Drumminraider204 Well-Known Member

try savemms

10. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

I have a droid 1 and my husband has the eris. I have been having the same problem lately. It will say the download was unsuccessful. It has only recently started happening thoo. Never did it before, but the last couple weeks it has been, not all the time but more then once. Very annoying.