Can't Open PC36IMG.zip

Last Updated:

1. bschrag812

bschrag812 Member This Topic's Starter

I was following the rooting guide for my Evo. I got to the reboot after flashing unrevoked-forever.zip

After that I had to force it to go to the bootloader with the VOL-DN/Power buttons. When I try to flash the new PC36IMG.zip it says

Can't open PC36IMG.zip (bad)....

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

What rooting method are you using?

3. bschrag812

4. wrapkgb

Its all good! Maybe you got a bad download.. did you try redownloading the zip again.?

5. bschrag812

Yeah I did... I just rebooted the computer also and am in the process of trying to copy it back over now.... any other suggestions in case that doesn't work?

EDIT:
    So after rebooting and copying back over still having same issue.... should I try to just put RUU back onto it? I'm lost... :(

6. bschrag812

Just posting an update... I'm still having problems.. even switched to wife's laptop with a fresh download and copied it over and getting the same error.... Should I go for an RUU? Or is it safe to go ahead with a custom ROM? I had originally been planning to do one of Vaeleks roms in the first place....

7. wrapkgb

Im not sure why it's not recognizing the pc36img. Just to make sure you do have it named correct? "pc36img" .zip. Make sure its not named pc36img.zip.zip. Trust me you would be surprised how often that happens. Im guilty of it lol. Anyways if none of that works then I would run the RUU and start fresh!

bschrag812 likes this.
  8. bschrag812

So after looking over the guide for the 100th time it just hit me. The guide doesn't say anything about going into the custom recovery after flashing unrevoked. After the restart it was loading pc36img.zip no problem but then I was selecting no to update and no to reboot and trying to flash it in the custom recovery menu. I believe this was the cause for the error everytime... Feel really dumb now but all is well...

Thanks for your replies though!!!

9. wrapkgb

LOL. I hate to laugh but.. Don't worry we all have brain farts! Good thing you realized and didn't run the RUU! Glad everything worked out for ya!