Cant Open PPT-xls-doc files in Gmail appSupport

Last Updated:

1. nikvdw

nikvdw New Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched everything obvious before posting so hopefully someone can swoop in and help.

I have a samsung captivate. I am using the gmail app for 2 accounts, one work google apps account with its own customized url and one personal with a gmail extension. I have downloaded officesuite, quickoffice and thinkfree apps that supposedly help open office files. no luck. I have opened pdfs....

I get lots of xls and ppt a day which i have to view. In the gmail app inbox view, all that happens is i can click the preview button for the attachment at the bottom of the email. there is no download button. When i get the preview button pressed, it gives me the circle of death spinning round and round saying "fetching attachment" and nothing happens, i hit the home key to end the fiasco.

in my personal account it is working. In the google apps act, the wheel of death.

Any idears?

Advertisement
  2. nikvdw

I discovered that I registered or initiated the phone with the personal account, then added the google apps account.

Nonetheless it is still not working.

Cant download PPT, XLS in gmail.

3. nikvdw

bump.

anybody able to open ppt or xls 2007 files...?

I am desperate...