Can't pick up my WiFi on heroSupport

Last Updated:

1. mario87

mario87 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I can't find my router on the WiFi list. I'm standing right next to, I know its wireless capable (using it for my xbox). . Its a netgear router, WNR1000 is the model I believe. It's security is WPA/WPA2. Note: I can see other routers on the list...can't attempt to connect to any though, all locked.

Things I've tried:
    -I've tried disabling and re enabling wifi while standing right next to the router.
    -I've tried entering the router information manually...says out of range

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

If you are able to find other wireless networks on your Hero, it is probably not the phone that is at fault.

I have had issues in the past with certain wireless routers & not being able to connect to them easily with laptop wireless adaptors for example (think Netgear was one of them, had lots of flashy lights on the top but was useless for me).

You may want to search to see if you are able to flash an update to your router?

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Are you running the router in Wireless-N mode? If so try reverting to G-mode or mixed B/G? Another possibility is that you've hidden the router's SSID for added security. If that's the case try unhiding it and see if the Hero then finds the network.

4. Gumba

Gumba New Member

having the same issues here, have it in b g mode and ssid is discoverable. i have a belkin router, this sucks, i can pick up about 20 others in the area but not mine, have even tried manually entering it in, and still doesn't discover it. i have a wpa2, tried installing new firware, nothing new... stuck

5. civilstudent

civilstudent Member

I had the same problem, but got it to work eventually.

I had to completely disable security on my router, operate in b/g not n, and show SSID. This worked for me, but obviously no security.

So I changed the SSID to something really obsure (random sting of letters and numbers) then found this with hero. Then made the SSID hidden, and locked which IP addresses could connect to my router in the router settings. No encryption of the data over wifi though.

Hope that helps a little, still looking for a way to get security working.

6. okdone

okdone New Member

Exactly the same problem. I tried rebooting the router. Disabling security. Changing Channels. Adding the mac address of HTC hero in router. It never detects. I'm using D-Link Dir-600 router.

Anybody found solution to this issue?

7. okdone

okdone New Member

This problem is exactly because HTC Hero will not sync with the signals from some routers which are running in G+N mode. The wifi in HTC is G only. My problem with D-Link DIR-600 solved once I found few people with different routers upgrading their firmwares and getting the issue fixed.

The firmware for D-Link DIR-600 is here.

8. ctrlbr34k

ctrlbr34k New Member

I had exactly the same issue with my HTC Hero. I disabled the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WCN 2.0 on VISTA) on the routeur side (just one box to uncheck in wireless manual config + save) and it worked like a charm.