• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant place contact into group

meepz

Lurker
Jun 14, 2010
I was wondering how I can place a contact that was synced to my phone through facebook into a group. When I click these contacts the only options available are "All" "Link" and "Set Speed Dial". I have a large number of contacts from facebook (close to 500) and I want to separate those people into groups, for example: college, favorites, family, etc...

I've searched the forum and can't seem to find the answer so if it has been asked before I apologize.

I was wondering how I can place a contact that was synced to my phone through facebook into a group. When I click these contacts the only options available are "All" "Link" and "Set Speed Dial". I have a large number of contacts from facebook (close to 500) and I want to separate those people into groups, for example: college, favorites, family, etc...

I've searched the forum and can't seem to find the answer so if it has been asked before I apologize.

People is an interesting (read: annoying) app. I can't recreate your issue at the moment, but if I had to guess, I'd say you might have to link it to a phone contact first. Then you can group it. A lot of necessary organizational features are mysteriously missing from the People app, which is odd, considering the whole concept is to aggregate your contacts from.. everywhere.. often resulting in a huge, difficult-to-manage contact list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones