cant play gifs. Help please.General

1. sic75

sic75 Member

Like the title says, how can I get the Iris to play gifs. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

If I am not mistaken, Android devices do not play animated GIFs; they just display the first frame.
  3. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

whats Iris?
  4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

In Greek mythology Iris is the personification of the rainbow and messenger of the gods.
  5. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I put a gif on my Eris and it works, it just doesn't automatically play it , it shows up almost as a movie with the big play button but doesn't open with a time bar or anything just looks like a a normal gif , and it's downloaded as a gif..
  6. sic75

sic75 Member

How double you go about doing this then? Sounds like most people can't play gifs also. I get a lot of text messages that have jokes attachments like gifs. Wtf.....our Eris can't play gifs but my 6 year old "dumb" flip phone could. Does anyone else feel there is something wrong with this picture?!?
  7. swashmore

swashmore Member

I'm with you. I love alot of the things the Eris can do - but the texting and phone functions are poor compared to my previous phones. I still wouldn't give up my Eris, but it would be nice if some updates could help solve problems like this.
  8. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Mine just opened up and I taped on it and it played, it doesn't play over and over thou it stops and you have to click it again for it to play the gif