cant play internet games on my device?

1. bigjoncoop

bigjoncoop Well-Known Member

I just went to check out some internet games and all the sites I goto its says they don't have any games compadable with my device.

is it really my phone or the browser I'm using?

Advertisement
  2. hark8751

hark8751 Member

You'll have to give some more details about your situation.

Remember that the typical online games you might play on a desktop or laptop computer are Flash based, and Flash support on Android was discontinued a while ago.

Generally, you can get games from Google Play or other app stores, but these are apps that run naively on the device (ie. not through a browser). There are probably some web games that would work on a mobile device, but it really depends on what website you were trying to use.
  3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

Adobe Flash Player is so out of date it needs to be replaced ASAP and folks need to stop fawning over it. on a tablet it was slow, and graphics quality poor. however, if you so desire to play those little flash-based games ala Facebook, there is a free solution in Google Play known as 'Photon' it is a web browser that even supports Flash in Jelly Bean, albeit as i stated on a tablet is seriously laggy, and the graphics are nowhere near the quality of a laptop computer, and controls are a bit glitchy, which is probably why it was discontinued. good riddance to bad programming, i say, Flash needs to be where Java has been for ages. other games such as Candy Crush Saga have superior app-based versions in Google Play as well.
  4. bigjoncoop

bigjoncoop Well-Known Member

its all good.

I figured it was because of flash.
    didn't really care any way. just wondering. my wife was.trying to play em.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

you can install flash if you like. there are plenty of flash apk's floating around the net, just google it. download the apk and then use a file manager like astro or es file anager and install the apk and you will have flash.
    DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  6. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Throwing my 2 cents in, make sure you download from a trusted site :)
    ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

good point. i can use that $.02.....thanx:p:D
    DragonSlayer95 likes this.