• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't program voice for Touchless Controls

vzwuser76

Android Expert
Apr 6, 2010
My Made showed up today and I've ran into a problem. When I go to program the phrase "OK Google Now" for my voice, the record screen shows for a split second and then informs me that it didn't catch that. I've even tried talking as I press the record button, bit no difference. I've tried holding the phone at different lengths from my head, and if the room were any more quiet I be in the ground. Has this happened to anyone else & if so, what was your solution?

Never mind, apparently the Touchless Control app from the play store has to be downloaded before it will record. I'll leave this up if anyone else runs into the same problem.

God forbid they should tell you that! This issue was driving me nuts last night after I opened the package and started to set it up. I knew I had seen a post about it, but was too lazy to look yesterday. Thanks for the heads up!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones