Can't receive calls but can make them Nexus4

1. vwsunroof

vwsunroof Member

I am posting for my brother who finally got his N4(and the a few days later his micro sim from straight talk). He went through the steps outlined and got everything working except actually receiving calls. He can send and get texts also he can make calls. I am not sure about MMS but SMS works. What he can't do is get calls, if you call it says something like "the number or code you dialed is incorrect.." He has called tech and the weird thing is they can call his number and it will ring, but no one else can it seems. Has anyone had this issue. :confused::(:confused:

Stephen

Advertisement
    :
  2. shiv81

shiv81 Well-Known Member

Could be a provisioning issue on ST's end? Do you have another device you can try the sim in to narrow down where the problem is?
    vwsunroof and Thats like this.
  3. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Have you checked on some other websites for different APN settings? I personally do not use StraightTalk's APN's that the provide, and I seem to have no issues with my data/calls. Although I can't get MMS, but that's not a huge deal for me, everyone emails me pictures.
    vwsunroof likes this.
  4. vwsunroof

vwsunroof Member

Well, ST can't figure it out so he's getting a new SIM and going to start over and see if that does it. Meanwhile I have a couple of new T-Mobile Sims. We are going to use one and see what happens while waiting for his SIM to arrive.

Update: T-Mobile sim works fine. He's gonna see how coverage is for a month and go from there.
  5. tlopez1973

tlopez1973 Well-Known Member

Same thing on my end but it on t my galaxy s 2 after waiting 3 days to get my number ported from the other provider I could not receive calls and text so finally they called T-Mobile and it started working immediately. But still can't receive MMS as I mentioned in the other post I made