Can't Receive Files via BluetoothSupport

1. Safuwa

Safuwa New Member

I just got the SGY two days ago, and this is my first smartphone. I've read the manual, gotten some info from the internet. I did a search on the forum but didn't see anything that I understood. I'm not an advanced user, am not competent to do anything like rooting.

I've paired the phone with my computer and tried sending files to the phone, but nothing happens. They queue up and just sit there. I successfully sent files to my Samsung Montage from the computer, but the Galaxy is not responding.

I've seen an app called Bluetooth File Transfer, but I don't understand why I would need to install it if the phone already has Bluetooth.

I don't know what to do next. Would appreciate some help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. vikigmk

vikigmk Member

Not sure if you tried this... Make sure you check "discoverable" under bluetooth settings before you try transferring files. (I am unsure if this is done)
  3. praveen 11795

praveen 11795 Member

try this method!!!
    in wirless networks>bluetooth settings>turn bluetooth on>make device discoverable.
    and then try to connect.
    it will work.
  4. GShum

GShum Member

I've got similar problems. For exampley, I can't transfer a MP3 between two (paired, of course) SGY's...
  5. It's just in the connection settings or something! :)
  6. Sebo159

Sebo159 New Member

HEEEEEELP! i can't send or recieve any file. When i'm in file manager i select to share a file but bluetooth app is not there, and when someone tries to send something notification is not showing. I would be ruined if it's broken because i worked a whole summer for it.