• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Receive Pictures

SleepModeGo

Lurker
May 30, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have a serious issue with my SGSII phone: I can't receive pictures from text messages! Every time someone text me a picture, I just receive a text box with some information about the picture and a message saying "loading". But no matter how long I let it sit, the picture never comes!
Can I fix this? :(

Not sure if this is the same issue I encountered, but I found that the download symbol on the top would appear. When you pull down that top row of icons, you'll see the picture has downloaded and you can view it. It's an annoying workaround, but it does work. By the way, I've switched to using GO SMS (at recommendation of someone on this board - thank you - wish I could remember your name so I could thank you personally), and pictures show up on messages without going through this frustrating rigmarole.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is the same issue I encountered, but I found that the download symbol on the top would appear. When you pull down that top row of icons, you'll see the picture has downloaded and you can view it. It's an annoying workaround, but it does work. By the way, I've switched to using GO SMS (at recommendation of someone on this board - thank you - wish I could remember your name so I could thank you personally), and pictures show up on messages without going through this frustrating rigmarole.

Is this GO SMS an app? I'll try using it. But no, there's no download icon in the drop down panel...

Do you have an active data connection (3/4G or Wifi)? While SMS messages don't, the media portion of an MMS does.

Oh, so in order to receive media (pictures) the wifi (or any connection to the internet) has to be on? I tried it once, but maybe not very properly. Will try again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones