• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant receive texts :(

2manyPHONES

Android Expert
Jul 26, 2010
NY & TX
So my phone randomly decided it didnt want to receive anymore texts. I can send them and pics/vids but I receive nothing. This happened a few weeks ago and I called at&t after trying all their "solutions" I had to just give up and hard reset the phone. Also that time by the end of the night before the hard reset I wasnt able to use the internet from my phone even through wifi. Havent run into that this time around, yet.

Also, I had the phone charging and took it off at 80% almost immediately after taking it off the battery dropped to 19%.

Anyone else have a problem receiving texts? Is there another solution before I hard reset again?

Well I tried at&t tech support they were no help, I was able to receive a text they sent so to them there was no problem even though people were texting me and I wasnt getting their texts.

So I went to the corp store. They were very helpful, the guy fussed with my phone for a little bit and decided to swap the sim card before resorting to the reset method. And that did the trick, a few seconds after that I got all my texts from the past 2 days.

It didnt solve my mysterious battery problem and they didnt have a battery to swap for mine so he ordered me one. So until that comes in I just need to keep a charger handy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones