• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't redownload certain apps after OTA update

Marty1781

Lurker
Sep 18, 2010
I'm hoping someone can help here. I recently installed the OTA update and then figured it would be a good time to reset the phone to factory settings. So I did that, went into the Market to redownload my apps and noticed that only some of them were listed. Searching for the missing apps yields nothing. Some of the ones that are missing include Slingplayer, Logmein, Fandango, Samsung Desktop Dock Application, Pure Calendar Widget, and my Excahnge by Touchdown key. They aren't listed in the downloads and searching for them again yields nothing. I have tried performing a hard reset on the phone (twice) but that doesn't fix the issue. I also tried clearing the cache in the browser but no luck. Any help is appreciated.

^^Don't listen to this guy^^ he gets confused easily! :p

What has happened is the apps you PAID for show up in the downloads area. The FREE ones NEVER show up after a reset. You will have to go hunting for them and re load them as new. Its always best to WRITE the apps you have down before doing a master reset. Im guessing you don't have the app names exactly right thats why they are not showing in the search.

Upvote 0
Actually AndroidXTC is the confused one. I'm missing three paid apps that I cannot locate any where in the market. If you read the original post he states that he also can't find his apps in the market, not just the download section.

AndroidXTC was kidding around :)

I'm certain it's just that google hasn't authorized the "thumbprint" of the latest update yet into their systems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones