Can't Remove a Duplicate Corp Sync AccountSupport

Last Updated:

1. RickB

RickB Active Member This Topic's Starter

My work is in the final steps of moving to new servers, rolling out new email addresses, etc. As a result, I had to remove my old Corp Sync account and set up another with the new info. Easy enough. Well, my Outlook contacts were not syncing to my phone any longer. The IT folks had me delete my account and create it again. Upon doing so, a duplicate Corp Sync account was created however when I click on it, there are only fields for username and password. The username is gray'd out and no password will be accepted as it tells me the username cannot be blank. So I can not delete this account. I don't want it there under my list of accounts.

Has anyone encountered this and found a way to remove it? Any help is appreciated as I really don't want to have to do another factory reset. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Are you doing it like this?

Settings > Accounts > Long press on the account to be removed > selecting Remove account when it pops up > clicking Yes on the verification to remove pop up

3. RickB

RickB Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yes. I have tried it that way and when I long press, I get the popup to delete it but nothing happens when I select it.

When I click the account, it only displays fields for Username and Password and the Username is gray'd out so you can't enter anything in there and it won't take any password without a Username. There is also a "Remove Account" under the Password field but clicking it does nothing.

4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

weird indeed, I'm atta loss