Can't Remove Platinum Case from Best BuyTips

Last Updated:

1. mdoshi

mdoshi New Member

Hey guys,

I got the platinum case from Best Buy since I had good luck with the seidio case for my EVO 4G last year. I didn't have any problem putting it on the phone but I can't seem to get it off. I never had this problem with the 4G.

Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Ezduzit08

Ezduzit08 Well-Known Member

You have to put pressure on the symbol on the back of the case.
  3. mdoshi

mdoshi New Member

I gave that a shot but it still won't budge.
  4. scrface

scrface Well-Known Member

Same here..i feel if I push any harder I might break the case or phone
  5. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Well-Known Member

press firmly on the bottom and it should come right off no problem, almost as if you were trying to remove a battery cover, theres a pressure point where you push and it slides right off
  6. Emblazon

Emblazon Well-Known Member

If it is the two piece case, then you need to press in on the TOP of the bottom half of the case, then slide the top half off.

I have the normal blue case, and I really like it, and the feel of the case. The texture is actually a little too soft and I often feel the case sliding through my fingers, though.

That being said, it is a great stopgap case until the official kickstand case is released, which can't get here soon enough.
  7. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

You remove it exactly like the Innocase push down on the middle of the bottom and slide the top up.
  8. Evo_luv

Evo_luv Well-Known Member

I was having the same problem and found the when I pushed firmly on the top middle of the bottom portion I was able to slide the top portion up.
  9. miashottangel

miashottangel Member

I had this same issue with my case. I went to best buy and even the employees had issues removing the case. What they did was wiggle the bottom half of the case side to side until it loosens up and can be removed. I found the instructions of pushing the back and then sliding off does not work. I hope this helps.
  10. masbirdies

masbirdies Well-Known Member

This is a hard case to get off. I know how to get it off and did so a few times when I first got the phone. But, now that it's been on a few days, that sucka don't want to budge. I feel like I'm going to break glass from pushing so hard.
  11. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

This ^^^ once you get the hang of it the case pulls off easily every time
    falconey likes this.
  12. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

I have this case and I cannot for the life of me get the case off at all! Any ideas??
  13. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

look up
  14. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

LOL I did, I honestly dont know its not budging, I guess Ill go to best buy and see if they can get it off.
  15. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

if you press somewhere on the bottom part of the case, it will release a latch to separate the case
  16. djprotege

djprotege Active Member

I got it off!! You do press on the top bottom half part, but you kinda start in the middle with pressure, and push towards the top while pulling the top off
  17. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

Hello All,

Here is a manual from our SURFACE line (same as Best Buy Platinum Cases) to help. Please let us know if you have any other issues removing the case.

Please note full body protectors such as InvisibleShield or BodyGuardz will interfere with the case and should not be used concurrently.

18. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

LMAO!! I put that case on the demo phone to see how it looked when I was buying and NO ONE could get it off the phone. They seriously had to cut it off and return that case as defective to vendor. Never seen anything like it.
  19. Emblazon

Emblazon Well-Known Member

Darwinism at it's finest. :p
  20. gator1113

gator1113 New Member

I had the same problems with my thunderbolt and this case. After repeated attempts with 2 adults to remove the case I decided to use something to get the sides of the case to seperate.

Use a credit card and slide it into the division of the case, start from a side which is easier to seperate. Once you have the credit card in the side, slide it towards the middle eventually getting to the locking clip which is centered in the middle of the case. Once there push the card towards the clip locking mechanism which is centered in the top portion.

After this it came right off with no damage to the phone, I would not use a knife or coin to do this, only plastic gift or credit cards.

Hopes this Helps
  21. tygger

tygger Member

It's really easy to get off. I agree with everyone saying you need to push down on the battery cover half, but at the same time, you should be pulling up on the camera cover half.

If you look at how it latches before you put the case on, you'll understand what I'm talking about. Doing this creates enough space to unlatch the little plastic clip.
  22. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Well-Known Member

This happened when the lady at the Best Buy store tried selling me that case. It took her 15 minutes to get it off. And I was praying that she wouldn't break it in the process. After all that, she didn't get the sale... It was obvious why.
  23. Lizliz91

Lizliz91 New Member

I had the same issue. I had managed to easily get off the case after I learned the first time. But then I had to get a replacement phone and I noticed for some reason the fit was tighter. I finally ran the tip of a push pin between the crack that is between the top and bottom case and the top finally came off but the bottom seems to be holding on for dear life...