• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't remove safe mode

Blowfelt

Lurker
Aug 30, 2013
Hi guys

I hope someone can help with this as i've no idea whats going on...

A few days ago i got a samsung galaxy ace from a friend at work for free. The digitizer was cracked and the battery was holding a charge of about 5 minutes so naturally i got a new batt and digi from the net. They've been installed without problems and work nicely. The phone is PAYG and was originally O2. I am using an old T-mobile sim and again it works with no problems without having to unlock it. The only thing is i cannot get the phone out of safe mode, no matter what i try.

I did the usual: take the battery out for a few minutes, reset to factory settings, remove the sim and SD cards... everything. And yet it is still stuck in safe mode.

I havnt done much research into it, but does it need flashed/rooted?

any tips on how to sort this out is much appreciated, as its a nice wee phone and i want to have full functionality.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones