Can't Retrieve Saved Photos From SD CardSupport

Last Updated:

1. Chris M.

Chris M. New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, all

First post. I've looked up this topic so as to try to avoid posting a duplicate, however I can't seem to get the specific answer I'm looking for even still. Been trying to figure out how to do this all day now and have a headache, so please forgive my aggravation...

All I am trying to do is store a picture for each contact on my contact list. I can only find pictures stored taken directly from my phone camera. I cannot find any pictures stored on my SD card. Now, before I am told I need to hook up my Moment to a computer with the USB cable, every time I do that all that happens is the phone charges and neither the computer nor the phone recognize each other.

I tried saving pictures and e-mailing them to myself, where I then tried saving them to the phone and the only way I could do that was through the SD card.

I do not even know how to physically remove or add the SD card as there does not seem to be any openings on the phone itself for it. My laptop runs Windows XP.

My question is: How do I access the saved pictures on my SD card AND how do I get my computer to recognize my phone if I need to use it to do this?

-Chris

Advertisement
  2. duckthehobo

duckthehobo Member

To get your computer to recognize your phone:

Make sure debug mode is off *settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging(should have no check for windows)*

Then, connect the USB cable to your computer, the USB icon should pop up in your notification bar, pull it down and select "mount" this will add the phone to your computer just as if it were a Flash drive.

If this doesnt work, leaving the USB cord plugged in reboot your phone.

As far as using SD card pictures for contacts I'm not sure how to do that either, good luck!

3. Chris M.

Hey thanks for the reply. Already lost. Where's settings on XP? I. HATE.computers.

4. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

settings on your phone not your computer

5. seeker

seeker New Member

How to Add Photos to Phone and Contacts from PC.
    1: Plug USB (connected to phone already) into computer. USB icon should appear in notification bar at top of your phone.
    2: Pull down notification screen down and touch 'select to copy files to/from your computer.'
    3: Select 'Mount.' Windows will ask what to do: Open with Windows Explorer.
    4: Open Windows Explorer and browse out to find a new drive letter 'Removable Disk.' This is your SD card in your phone.
    5: Right click on the SD card and select 'Explore.'
    6: You will find several files; data, DCIM, LOST.dir, Thumbs.
    7: Copy and paste desired photos from your PC to the Removable Disk. Be careful NOT to place the photos inside the existing folders.
    8: When you are done copying the photos to the SD card, PULL down the notification screen and select 'Turn off USB storage, TURN OFF.'
    9: Follow 'Remove Device' procedures for your PC.
    9: Open app 'Gallery.' You should find the photos you copied from PC to SD.
    10: Now, open Contacts. Select desired contact and EDIT using Menu.
    11: Touch the photo square in the Contact and you will be directed to the photos from step 9.
    12: Select the photo to match your contact. Adjust size. SAVE.
    By the way, reverse the steps to move photos from phone to pc.

6. Chris M.

Thanks. Well, I changed the settings then my laptop asked me to install the CD with software, which I was never given. I clicked on the option to proceed without the CD and ultimately got a message saying it couldn't find the software for my Samsung Android.

I had a friend try to help me with a text address so I could text myself some pictures but now all that happens is it has a play button and starts a slideshow.

Why is what should be such a simple procedure so difficult?