can't return to eBay, possibly fixableSupport

Last Updated:

1. v1nsai

v1nsai Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought my friend an unlocked G1 on eBay, and it wouldn't stay connnected to AT&T long enough to make a phone call. I tried flashing and wiping and all I could think of to fix it, and without thinking I took it apart to clean it and now I can't return it to eBay >.<

So I owe my buddy $200, but I still think it could be fixable. Everything works great except the Wifi and the GSM. The wifi is bad, it sometimes pings my default gateway at ~1000ms, it's all over the place. The GSM never stays connected to AT&T longer than a minute or two.

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem, I've been through flash after flash after flash of Android 1.0 and 1.6, and the problem is the same in all versions.

I'm just curious if anyone has seen something like this before or can offer any advice. I've seen threads where people can't stay connected to cell service or have random drops, but never both Wifi and cell service suffering from what seems to be the same problem.

Advertisement
  2. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

tried updating the radio? just a thought..i have no idea if it would work.

3. v1nsai

You mean something like this? I've already applied it via the instructions on the cyanogen wiki here several times. That's what makes me think it's a hardware error, I sure hope it isn't though -_-

4. v1nsai

So I just left the phone on all night last night, and according to settings it has had a signal for the last 14 hours!!!

I turned off the wifi since it was useless anyway, and I haven't seen it drop signal since I did.

I have never heard of this before, I'm going to investigate some more and post my discovery in a few other forums with similar problems, I'll post my findins here.