• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant root, is it the latest ota software update?

I was rooted before the update via unrevoked with s-off

got the message to install the ota update which i tried but the phone never rebooted and just stuck at that stage.

i decided to manually update which went fine. After the update my phone lost root which i knew was going to happen. I tried to run unrevoked again and obviously it didnt work.

I downloaded z4root off the market place and installed it. Ran the program and started the process but stuck at completing root and rebooting. I just ended the program and for the hell of it tried titanium back up and was greeted with a superuser request.

Looks like my phone is now rooted so im happy for now.

Upvote 0
I was rooting before the update via unrevoked with s-off

got the message to install the ota update which i tried but the phone never rebooted and just stuck at that stage.

i decided to manually update which went fine. After the update my phone lost root which i knew was going to happen. I tried to run unrevoked again and obviously it didnt work.

I downloaded z4root off the market place and installed it. Ran the program and started the process but stuck at completing root and rebooting. I just ended the program and for the hell of it tried titanium back up and was greated with a superuser request.

I thought z4root didnt work on the dinc?

Upvote 0
After receiving the OTA yesterday and finally getting fed up with the bullshit apps they force on there I spent most of the night trying to root. I ran into the same problem you did, stuck at "waiting for root..." and I tried every suggestion I could find. Looks to me like unrevoked needs to update their procedure.

I got stuck at the same step. Oh well guess i will wait until unrevoked finds a new patch to exploit for root

Upvote 0
I was rooted before the update via unrevoked with s-off

I downloaded z4root off the market place and installed it. Ran the program and started the process but stuck at completing root and rebooting. I just ended the program and for the hell of it tried titanium back up and was greeted with a superuser request.

I thought that if you were rooted with s-off before the OTA you could just re-download superuser and be fine?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones