1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Cant root my desire hd help please

1. defendos

defendos Member

after i relocked it i re-runned the aahk newest tool, at the end it checked double the file instead of 1 time and then an error, after the 2 time check i got into the stock htc android 2.3.3 after that i runned the aahk tool again and it rooted my phone and setted s-off that was it for me after that i got the change to install custom roms, hope this helps you and others as well
  2. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

trying to root my desire hd using aahk.during the initial step where it downloads a file and asks us to press 'y' for flashing..after that i get an error
    "Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/goldcard.img: Operation not permitted"...
    But the process still continues and the phone restarts several times.and in the end that img file is checked and i am asked to update.cancelled that update though because did not want to mess up anything.
    What am i doing wrong here..why that error in the beginning..
  3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Has your phone restarted or is it stuck in a boot loop?
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

the aahk is creating a gold card out of your sd,with it present and in the phone,in attempt to eliminate a potentially confusing manual step. the error you mention seems to be the aahk is having issue creating the gold card.

if you were asked to update on the phone,you can allow it-all it means is that you are unbranded,or simply a CID that allows unbranded RUUs to flash. the failure to create a goldcard would have prevented the phone to ask for the update if it was an incompatible CID.

assuming you have a working phone,go ahead and run the aahk again,if you want to. if you allow the update this time,it should downgrade and run the exploit to give you s-off,supercid and simunlock :)
  5. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

as soon as i got that chmod error,aahk asked me to pressvolume key+power button when i see a red triangle.did it and it went into some recovery mode,blue screen with some options.rebooted it from there.did this step 2 times and the 3rd time it went into the hboot asking me to press volume button to start update.i did not update and rebooted the phone because i wanted to clear out that goldcard error
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

you can allow that update. the hboot update is installing downgrade firmware,so that the unlock exploit can be run.
  7. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

My Desire HD info..

"Ace pvt ship-on RL
    HBOOT-2.00.0027
    MICROP-0438
    Radio-26.14.04.28_M
    eMMC-boot
    Sept7 2011"

Guys thankx for responding..

@Scotty
    Creation of gold card is for branded phones only.It means i can ignore that gold card error ad should update while i am in hboot
  8. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

this happened when i ran aahk first..

Would you like to DOWNGRADE? y/n y

Flash this RUU? (y/n) y

pushing rom to sdcard - this takes time, please be patient.
    2582 KB/s (264435533 bytes in 99.978s)
    Setting up to temproot....
    2793 KB/s (572752 bytes in 0.200s)
    471 KB/s (19240 bytes in 0.039s)
    323 KB/s (14475 bytes in 0.043s)
    Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/goldcard.img: Operation not permitted...

Aahk said something like starting recovery..and after that phone restared several times till it reached hbbot for update..this thing and the red triangle at startup,are these things normal?Actually never rooted any phone before thats why so curious...
  9. stevevercs

stevevercs Well-Known Member

I have used the kit a few time's, and it does sound like its all normal to me. As long as it asks you to do the update, you should be fine. Not sure why that error appears though, i could be that you're unbranded and its skipping that part??:confused:
  10. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i have never run the aahk,so i cannot confirm for certain what you are seeing. i have written a manual guide to basically the same thing,so i am familiar with the basic process the aahk is doing for you.

id say the "Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/goldcard.img: Operation not permitted.." is not normal,but again,it apparently did not matter. if your phones CID was incompatible with the downgrade,the hboot screen would have give you a "CID incompatible" error,in wich case it would have been important for us to figure out why that error would take place.

since you arrived at an hboot screen asking you to update,then the rest of what the aahk does(gain temp root,rewrite the main version to allow the downgrade) apparently went without a hitch,so i would venture to guess the reboots and different screens you saw were in fact a fairly normal occurance.

again,you can accept this update on the hboot screen without fear of anything bad happening. as a matter of fact,it is prolly still on your sd card,so you may be able to boot to hboot,let it find the file,and accept the update without running aahk again(assuming the emmc hasnt changed your main version back to what it should be). if this is successful,let the phone boot into the downgrade softwarte,plug the phone back in and select the option to root,s-off,etc. dont panic if your sound doesnt work while on the downgrade software. be prepaired to immediately flash an update ruu,or install a recovery and flash a newer rom to get back to a 100% sound enabled,functional device ;)

hopefully D-U-R-X can confirm some of the things you are seeing for some peace of mind,ad he has experience running the aahk... im sure he will be along shortly :)
    D-U-R-X, saeedyasir91 and stevevercs like this.
  11. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

it gives me an option to update but i cancelled it.wanted to ask experts about that error.I can ignore that gold card error and proceed furtherbut i dont know how will it root my phone.because a gold card is adviced to be made in every rooting method
  12. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

will try to update it and then lets see what happens..
    Thankx scotty for such a guide
  13. D-U-R-X

Hey saeedyasir91! I have only used the AAHK once and that was a while ago now. I don't think that you should have any issues and would go for it! :) We will be able to run the stock RUU with you if we need to, to put you back on to stock! :)
    saeedyasir91 likes this.
  14. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

thankx guys...all of you were so helpful..
    ill update it tomorrow and then would let you know how it went...
  15. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

downgraded,then rooted dhd..no more errors or trouble.
    downgraded to

android 2.3.3
    htc sense 2.1
    baseband version 12.56.60.25U_26.10.04.03_M
    build 2.37.707.3
    software nu 2.37.707.3

Hboot info
    Ace Pvt Eng S-OFF RL
    Hboot 0.85.2425
    MICROP 0438
    radio 26.10.04.03_M
    april 12,2011
  16. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

Thankx alot Scotty and DURX for you help...

installed CWM recovery..Busybox saying i am rooted now..
    Can i install any rom i want or i stilll have to downgrade to some other version?
    D-U-R-X and scotty85 like this.
  17. D-U-R-X

saeedyasir91 and scotty85 like this.
  18. stevevercs

stevevercs Well-Known Member

19. D-U-R-X

This is what I am currently running... in the ATR Guide sticky, I have changed the name of the link just to IceColdSandwich, as the guy updates the OP of the thread on XDA each time they have a new version.

It's a good ROM... it is Vanilla Android (does not have HTC's Sense overlay/UI)... I prefer Vanilla Android and have had it on my phone since about 3-4 weeks after I got my phone :)
    saeedyasir91 likes this.
  20. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

using IceColdSandwich right now..loving it
  21. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

ice cold sammich is my recomendation as well :cool: glad everything is working well for you
    saeedyasir91 likes this.
  22. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

actually i had to wait a little for the gold card creation.as soon as i updated from hboot,everything worked perfect after that...
    Thankx scotty...i was so scared to update from hboot but you made me do it :)
    You guys rock..
    scotty85 likes this.
  23. D-U-R-X

As said before... if you need any help at any point, just shout up :)
    scotty85 likes this.
  24. saeedyasir91

saeedyasir91 Member

currently runnnig the icecold rom...So smooth it is...i was used to laggy sense.Got out of sense and not missing it at all..
    Loved the ics but still some of the sense widgets i miss here
  25. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Anything in particular? There are some pretty good Sense replacements.
    scotty85 likes this.