• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't root my GS4. Any help with my specific situation?

Andriyetch

Lurker
Oct 13, 2014
Hey guys,

I got my Galaxy S 4 several months ago, and have rooted it since then. However, I then tried to restore it/remove root, and I believe I may not have done so correctly... Now it's kind of in this limbo stage of being rooted/not rooted. (rooted apps don't work, but some apps say that the device is rooted). I've been trying to do a complete reset on everything, take off any remnants of the previous root, and simply re-root the device, but have been having a lot of trouble.

I guess one of the main issues is that ODIN keeps "FAIL"ing when I try to load other firmware. Also tried Towelroot, but it doesn't work (also tried the Towelroot trick where you type the different codes, that didn't work either.

Since I'm a new user, I can post screens of the "about device" section of the settings on my phone, so I'll type up the info. Here it is below:

Model: SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: I337UCUFNI1

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones