Advertisement
  2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Do you have it in downloading mode?
    Do you have the drivers installed?
    Are you running windows?
  3. skids94

skids94 Member

Check, check and check. followed all the directions.
  4. Lordvincent 90

Try a different USB port.

If you're using a USB hub, dont
  5. skids94

skids94 Member

[​IMG]

heres a picture , its still running. no change
  6. Lordvincent 90

Reboot phone
    Reboot computer
    Try different cable
    Try different port
    Uninstall/reinstall drivers
    Try different computer

Try different phone?
  7. skids94

skids94 Member

Nothing... any other way to root this phone? 2.3.6
  8. Lordvincent 90

Sadly no. Odin is the alpha and omega when it comes to Samsung devices. All other exploits have been patched on the prevail
    skids94 likes this.
  9. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

You DIDN'T follow the directions :

Step seven: Click OPS, and select SPHM820.ops. Click Phone and select the Rooted_PHONE.tar. Click PDA and select the Rooted_PDA.tar. Leave the other ones blank. Those extra files are for fixing broken phones and should not be used.

This is what your window should look like (Click for large version):

[​IMG]

Seems like you selected the "Boot.tar" ! DON'T !!! Only the .ops, the Phone and the PDA !!!!

Y
  10. Lordvincent 90

That shouldn't make a difference, I use all three every time I use odin
    (But you could always try anyways for fun)
  11. vce2005

Well, just looking at the guide and it says "you shouldn't use the other ones ! " I never used the boot.tar, so I can't say if it causes the trouble or not !!
  12. skids94

skids94 Member

Did that too. Still nothing. Tried every thing so far.
  13. vce2005

Might be a dumb question, but are you sure your phone is the Prevail and not the Rush ( also called by some the Prevail 2 ) ???
  14. SParker40

SParker40 Well-Known Member

Theres also the precedent and I was fooled for a minute but it roots the same as the prevail but you need the right ops file. Mine boots like a prevail now and runs fine.
    Slayer72 likes this.
  15. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

Try running Odin as an admin (right click and run as administrator). Also, I'm moving this to the All Things Root section
    Lordvincent 90 and Slayer72 like this.
  16. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

Question, it's quite possible that you may not have a data cable for the phone meaning that if the cable only charges the phone it would produce the problem you're having... When you connect the phone to your computer with the usb cable are you able to access Mass Storage Mode on it?? If not then you need to get yourself a DATA cable then your problem should be solved as long as you have the Samsung USB drivers for Mobile Phones already installed... :)
  17. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Well-Known Member

Having kies installed can also interfere with odin. I've had an occasional issue that I seem to consistently work around by getting it all setup, get the phone in download mode, then I unplug the USB cable then plug it back in. It seems to let odin grab control of the com port
    Slayer72 likes this.
  18. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

Don't mess around and brick your phone, the roms for the Prevail are known to not be compatible with the Precedent...
  19. SParker40

SParker40 Well-Known Member

yeah cm7 is one of them but the whole thing is that its a sph m828 and not a 820 like the prevail is. I rooted one and only using the sch M828 ops and the rest like the prevail and it worked flawlessly. My precedent thinks its a prevail. No problems to report at all. I put it on ej06 and run ct 3.75 on it