Can't Root

Last Updated:

1. ImNraged

ImNraged Member This Topic's Starter

I've been all over this forum and read every rooting instruction a million times. I've tried manually rooting and I've done one-click rooting and both give me the same error message. It says the update file does not exist and can't open and then aborts the process. I'm not idiot and I'm not too bad with technology issues but I CAN NOT get this done. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

[PROGRAM] One Click Root / UnRoot / All Models for (Mac and PC) - xda-developers

You have to put the update.zip in your internal sd of your phone. Also rename it to update (not update.zip) the file is already a zip file and this could case you difficulty. Also make sure you check the box for USB debugging you will find this in settings--Applications--Development. Then connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed. When you connect the phone to the computer you will see the usb icon in the top left corner of the task bar, use the pulldown menu and click on the usb connection and mount your device. Once this happens you should be able to browse the internal sd of your phone. Find the update.zip file and right click on it and choose the send to option and choose your phones interal sd. Once this is finished power off your phone. Then hold down vol up & down buttons (do not let go) and hold down the power button the screen will flash on then off, after it flashes on the second time and goes black you should let go of the power button and you should be see the recovery screen, scroll down with the volume down button to reistall packages and then press power you phone will reboot and you should go to your apps and see if you have Super User Permissions, if you do you are rooted! This works on a pc for me.
    Are you using Mac or PC?
    Where is it that you are getting stuck?
    Also click on safely remove hardware before disconnecting from your computer and choose your device.

Hope this helps!

3. Jessejess87

Jessejess87 Member

i did what u said above and i was able to reinstall the package, but it did not root my phone.

4. ImNraged

ImNraged Member This Topic's Starter

My problem, way back when I made the original post, was I wasn't putting it in the right directory. You have to put the zip file on your main drive. Copy the zip file and paste it to whatever your phone drive is in Windows Explorer. In my case, it's G:.

5. RedRyno

RedRyno Well-Known Member

I keep getting this same error...

E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

6. xThaNaturalx

xThaNaturalx Well-Known Member

What method are you using to root?