Can't run off electricity alone?Support

Last Updated:

1. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    So I'm watching a streaming game in my browser and my battery gets down to 28 percent.
    I plug it into the wall and the charge indicator comes on and I go back to watching the game. After about fifteen minutes I go to see how high the battery has charged up and it's down to 20 percent! So that means even plugged into the wall it's draining the battery?

:x

Advertisement
  2. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

no or u should try a different plug in? or u have a faulty cable or connetion

3. Crodley

Except if the cable was faulty the charging icon would not have come on over the battery icon, right?

4. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

There are some activities that can cause power consumption to exceed the charging capability, plus sometimes the phone halts charging if the battery gets too hot.

When I run Trapster + Navigation on the charger, I have a zero sum gain (No Charge or discharge).

Streaming video shouldnt consumer more power than the charger can provide, so I assume your battery got too hot.

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

are you using the wall charger that came with your phone? That's the only one that I know of that can output 1A as well as trigger the A/C mode charging that causes your phone to actually draw 1A.

6. Crodley

Actually I wasn't using the charger that came with the phone. I was using the 1 that came with the kindle. I haven't touched my kindle since I got the new phone. Perhaps that's what the problem was. Thanks.