Can't search gmail in froyo. Anyone else?Support

Last Updated:

1. putch

putch Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 4, 2010
    I'm using a stock evo (never rooted) that I updated to froyo on Monday. Now, I can't search using the gmail app.

I use two accounts with gmail. One is my gmail and the other is a private domain hosted through google apps. I've used both accounts for about a month on 2.1 and had no problems.

After updating to froyo my secondary account (the google apps one) stopped getting push updates. I removed the account and re-added it. That seems to have remedied that problem.

But, I just noticed today that searches don't work for either account. I've tried numerous searches and it just sits there saying "loading conversations." I've let it run for 10 minutes and nothing ever happens. I've also tried removing (again) my secondary account. Still nothing.

Anyone else encounter this? Or is it just me? I'm desperately trying to avoid a factory reset.

EDIT: I figured it out. I was using the app "Executive Assistant" as my lock screen. It would display summaries of my gmail messages. I guess that also breaks gmail search. Once I turned off the email portion of Executive Assistant gmail search worked perfectly.

Now to email that apps dev....

2. mdeva

mdeva Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Huh? Executive Assistant? I know nothing about it - but I KNOW the search function doesn't work on Gmail/android. I've had 4 androids and never been able to search in Gmail.