can't see attachment in gmail app

Last Updated:

1. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Someone emailed me a pic to my gmail account and I can't view it on my phone. All I get is large white space with a little blue box in the middle with a question mark in it. But when I check my gmail from a browser (on the phone or a computer) I can see the pic just fine.

I tried a search but didn't find anything. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Miga

Miga Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but the Gmail app is crap. If you want to download and view attachments i would go to gmail on your browser. I prefer the Desktop view (can be located at the bottom of the page once you logged into your account.) This allows me to check all emails to delete, and gives you free range of your gmail settings. This also allows you to save the attachments to your phone correctly.

I hope to see the Gmail App improved in the future. Its a pretty big let down right now.

3. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is the first problem I've had with the gmail app (it's not my primary email account so I don't use it that much) but the more searching on here I do, the more I'm starting to agree with you. But I don't understand why I have no problem viewing an attached pic to my yahoo email but I can't do it with my gmail. *shrug*

4. Miga

Miga Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am not sure why the App is so spotty. Best word i can think of. I like to send all kinds of files thru E-mail. Since my buddy has 1.5 on his moment I am unable to Blue Tooth to his phone so i send him roms thru e-mail. Only way he can do anything with them is to use the browser version. I really prefer it over the app so far.