• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't see full android Market list or Mail Inbox??

D

Deleted User

Hi. I have rooted the nook (auto nooter 3.0). When I search in the market I only see the first page of the returned list of apps - maybe 3-4 past the page which I can scroll and see, but no more. I also downloaded Yahoo Mail and my inbox has 300+ messages but only the first 10 are returned and displayed with no ability to scroll beyond to see additional ones.

Anyone see similar issues like this - either with these apps or others? Any suggestions about how to investigate further?

Thanks!

One small suggestion is to turn your NC to Landscape. I know that sounds ridiculous as a solution, but I know that in the Market, it will often only return ~8-10 results in Portrait, but a full list in Landscape. This issue was discussed in a previous thread and helped to resolve the issue for me.

As far as the Mail issue goes, I have NO idea. But, perhaps the same issue is present in both apps...?

Upvote 0
Thanks!! That seems to work. I had tried that before and it wasn't pulling in more items - I may not have given it enough time. Very weird. But once you get the first page of "extended" hits, you can flip back to portrait and they keep coming / you are able to continue to scroll down. Great. Working for both Market and Yahoo Mail client.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones