can't see hidden files/folders even with root

1. sn0skier

sn0skier Active Member

If you have a rooted g1 with apps2sd shouldn't they be located in /system/sd/app? There is nothing in the folder /system/sd in astro file manager, even when I have "show hidden files" checked in the preferences. When I enter

cd /system/sd/app
    ls

in terminal emulator, I get the error

ls: can't open '.':permission denied

The same thing happens when I do

cd /system/sd
    ls

Does anyone know where the hell my apps are? They aren't in /system/app either (well the core applications are, but none of my downloaded apps are). WTF is going on?

Advertisement
  2. droid2010

droid2010 New Member

Dude I've got the same problem. Can't find them. Astro will kindly back them up to the sdcard though. Also there doesn't seem to be a way to run apps from the sdcard. They all seem to get put on local memory.
  3. D. Ramey

D. Ramey Member

type in su for superuser and grab your phone and grant root access. I wish there was a place I could go to get all of the windows shell commands cause they sure are a little different than the Linux ones, like the deliminator being a dash instead of a slash but we can work with it.

That's what I have to do next. Now I can see the files but need to learn the command structure of that ADB shell for windows. So now we are in the same spot need to know the command to transfer the hidden files to lets say a windows machine. I could do that in Linux and I may boot up in that but hell if that's all I wanna do I'll just unmount the SD card a plug into a card reader and you are good with 2.2 anyways. The rest of the stuff just back up wit Titanium Backup pro and then you are good to go. Hope this helps.