cant see phone

Last Updated:

1. rejo

rejo Member This Topic's Starter

ok downloaded the htc sync the latest one from the htc site.
    But I still cant see my sd card in the phone on my pc, what else should i do.
    Cheers

Advertisement
  2. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

HTC sync has nothing to do with being able to access your SD card on your PC. What are you trying to do and how are you trying to do it?

3. rejo

rejo Member This Topic's Starter

ok, I'll say it another way ..... how do i find where the sd card in the phone is on my pc.
    my pc sees the phone as the e drive but when i click on it i get the message insert disc.
    What disc?

4. CitizenErazed

CitizenErazed Well-Known Member

When you connect to a PC, you'll get two notifications on the phone - one for PC sync, and one to mount the SD card for transfer. You need to select that in order to access the card.

5. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Yup, you need to select mount on the phone so that the PC can access the 'disc' (it sees the SD card as a removable disk).

Basically youre telling the phone to give control of the SD card to the PC - otherwise if they both started writing to it at the same time all sorts of stuff would get messed up. Once youre done copying stuff you will have to unmount the SD card so that the phone can access it again.