Can't see screen and read email in sun/daylightSupport

1. cherii

cherii New Member

I work outside most of the time. Unfortunately, I can't see my screen on my Motorola Droid Pro in the sun. My email and text messages have a black screen with white letters and with the black screen background, you can't see it outdoors at all. When I click on an email or the text message it is a white background and you can see it fairly well. BUT, it is when I go to my email or text message before clicking on the email or text that I can't see who the email is from or the text is from because of the black background which you can't seem to change on these phones. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've even tried putting the glare screen on the phone and that doesn't work, it makes it worse. It's very frustrating to not be able to read your phone outside.

When I had a Blackberry you could see the screen and read emails easily because the background was white.

Advertisement
  2. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

Bad visibility in direct sunlight is one of the shortcomings of a backlit screen, and even more so with a dark color scheme, there's nothing you can do about it for now except to adjust your brightness. Changing the theme requires editing /system/frameworks-res.apk, which can be a lot of work. There's just not much you can do to helps things unless you create your own full theme.
    cherii likes this.
  3. cherii

cherii New Member

Thank you for your help. What a bummer! Blackberry really has the screen down for seeing in daylight.