• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't send a Gmail message from Contacts

droidfarm

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
I'm totally new to Android, enjoying it and loving my Samsung Moment. I have searched Google as well as this forum for an answer to my question - forgive me if I did not search far and wide enough. So here is my issue...

I could swear that when I tapped on an email address for a contact inside Contacts, that a window would pop asking if I'd like to send a Gmail message or a Work Email message (these choices had the little Gmail and Work Email icons as well).

About a day or two ago, this option no longer appears for me in Contacts. Instead, when tapping on an email address inside a contact, I am taken straight to the Welcome screen to setup up Moxier Mail, which I do not want to use.

I would like to just use the native Gmail option. But now, it appears as though my Contact email addresses no longer connect to the option of sending via Gmail or Work Email.

Whussuppidat?

Thanks for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones