1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't send email from SMTP

Last Updated:

1. aero1405

aero1405 New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 26, 2009
    I've been setting up my HTC Magic to receive and send email from two email accounts with no luck so far.
    I have tried the email app included with the phone and k9 mail. I go through the whole setup process, input my incomings mail settings the app checks the settings correctly but problems start with the smtp server. I type the server address exactly as instructed but when the app checks the information it returns the following errors:
    On my yahoo account: "AUTH PLAIN failed (530 Access Denied: Intl [es] not allowed in this server" I don't know what this means but this same configuration works on my desktop and laptop

On my internet provider's account (telefonica): "Cannot connect to server (Unable to open connection to SMTP server)" As above, this account works fine on both desktop and laptop.

Currently the only way i can send an email from the phone is from my gmail account.

Any ideas on what could be wrong/minconfigured?

I've started to think that either Vodafone or Google are blocking those SMTP connections but can't be true, right?