Cant Send EmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. ourjets

ourjets Active Member This Topic's Starter

Morning all,

Having a problem with email (not GMail). I can receive email no problem but cannot send any. I started by inputting all my talktalk client info, mail.talktalk.net and smtp.talktalk.net etc., but will not send messages. Looked on forum for advice but cant seem to find exactly whats wrong. Tried K9 too but also has the same problem as the standard mail programme. Any help would be great.

Thanks.:)

Advertisement
  2. KX36

KX36 Member

I bet it will be some weird obscure setting for SMTP like "use secure", "use SSL", use port number whatever... I haven't actually got experience with doing this on android, but on desktop email clients the same options often have different names in different programs, often sharing the same name for a different function between programs. It's irritated me many times while setting up various email clients.

Sorry I can't help more, I don't know what the settings should be for talktalk or what settings you have used beyond the URL of the SMTP server.

3. Groundforce2

Groundforce2 New Member

Hi,

I just got a Desire HD and was setting up email. I kept getting "server goes not support authentication" on the outgoing server setting page. The solution was to untick the box which said "log-in required" on the outgoing server page. Then it stopped moaning about lack of support for authentication.

Hope this might work for you!

Cheers