Cant send emailSupport

1. habsrule29

habsrule29 Member

I just got this phone earlier this week. I asked telus to block data. I have no problem receiving emails, but Im not able to send any, even if I am connected to wifi. Do I need to have the data unblocked for me to send emails?

Advertisement
    :
  2. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

No, you do not require data plan; wifi should work. Perhaps your outgoing email is just sitting in your outbox and you need to do a sync to send it.
    habsrule29 likes this.
  3. habsrule29

habsrule29 Member

Thanks, that worked for me. I was able to get my gmail to sync properly, but I still couldnt get mail to send from my rogers email account. Oh well, no big deal. Does letting my accounts auto sync use data?
  4. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

If your data plan is blocked, auto syncing should not use data. It will only work when you have wifi. I don't have Rogers and I do not use my Telus email. I only use Yahoo and Gmail.
    habsrule29 likes this.
  5. jitterbug17

jitterbug17 New Member

Ya i am having the same problem could you be more specific on how I can fix the problem
  6. Linney

Linney New Member

I have the same problem. I am with Telus, have telus email, telus wifi and I can receive but not send. Telus mobility and Telus home are clueless and have no idea why I can not send email.

Any idea why????