• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't send emails on phone

wuzzy

Mar 13, 2010
I've been trying all day to email with my gmail account on my phone to no avail. Recipients including myself didn't get any emails. I've tried with attachments and without. I've had good service every time. Do you know whats wrong? It was working 2 days ago.

If you are having trouble setting up your @cox.net email and can receive email but are NOT able to send them....don't bother calling T-mobile they have no clue. After 2 calls and 2 hours they told me that it won't work with the MT4G and its not their fault.

That said, cox had the answer in minutes. On the outgoing server settings you need to 1.) check the box login required 2.) pick SSL in the security drop down box and 3.) make sure that the server port is 465.

It worked for me. Thanks Tmob for terrible customer service!

As for Gmail......worked right out of the box.

Upvote 0
If you are having trouble setting up your @cox.net email and can receive email but are NOT able to send them....don't bother calling T-mobile they have no clue. After 2 calls and 2 hours they told me that it won't work with the MT4G and its not their fault.

That said, cox had the answer in minutes. On the outgoing server settings you need to 1.) check the box login required 2.) pick SSL in the security drop down box and 3.) make sure that the server port is 465.

It worked for me. Thanks Tmob for terrible customer service!

As for Gmail......worked right out of the box.

How is it Tmobile's fault that cox uses a non-standard port for smtp?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones