Can't send mail from pop account...Support

Last Updated:

1. jvanart

jvanart New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a pop email account with my local isp. I am unable to send mail from my Droid 2. Any advice? What am I doing wrong. I have all the settings correct as far as I can tell...

Advertisement
  2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Have you verified that every setting is correct? Such as: POP servers, SMTP servers, port id's, SSL requirements?

jvanart likes this.
  3. jvanart

jvanart New Member This Topic's Starter

thanks. I believe so. I have it set the same way I had it sent to send from my blackberry. Or do I have to set it up to use the gmail server?

4. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

No, you should be able to set it up to use your POP account servers, that's how our phones are set and it seems to work fine.

Are you receiving e-mail from the accounts?

5. bhill

bhill Well-Known Member

Are you on WiFi or 3G ? I don't believe it will send over WiFi. (Android problem.)

6. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I didn't have any luck getting the default email client to work. I downloaded K9 Mail instead and it works alot better.

7. dwbrewer

dwbrewer Active Member

My isp requires you setup imap instead of pop. Imap makes it where I have to delete email from my isp's web interface. I can get to my email with the Droid and my PC.

8. infil

infil Well-Known Member

authentication maybe?

9. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Try changing your smtp port to 587. That's a stab in the dark, but it might work. ISPs sometimes blocks the standard port 25 to combat spam.

Some ISPs only allow you to send mail if you're connected on their network. If you connect through 3G, you will be sending mail from your cell provider and your ISP may not allow that OR if they allow it they may require authentication.

I believe that a Blackberry doesn't connect directly to your mail server like an Android device does. I think that all email on a Blackberry actually goes through Blackberry's servers. You can achieve a similar effect on Android by having gmail check your other account. Go to the gmail.com web site setting and set it up under Accounts.

10. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

I did have to change the incoming and outgoing port numbers for our accounts but then I have to do that on a computer or laptop as well.

11. wendroid

wendroid Member

Delete the email account and start over. This worked for me, I set it up manually after deleting the account and now I can send email messages. Wierd.