Can't send MMS messages, unlocked G1 on AT&TSupport

Last Updated:

1. sk8rmom

sk8rmom New Member

I am using an unlocked G1 on AT&T, running 1.5. I haven't had any problems until I tried to send a picture message. I can't do it. I absolutely love this phone and would hate to not be able to send pic messages at all. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out.

I did receive a picture from an Alltel user, but I was unable to retrieve one from another at&t user.

I have googled and searched forums all day and cannot find a solution :-(

My APN settings are:

Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1
    server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

My APN settings are:

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

im not well versed in AT&Ts APN settings, but did you actually type "leave blank" in the fields that are supposed to be blank?

Also, try htp://mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net for the MMSC address.
  3. sk8rmom

sk8rmom New Member

I didn't type leave blank, I just left it blank. That address didn't work :-(

4. DavidL

DavidL New Member

Edit...n//m
  5. TMW597

TMW597 Member

Did you ever get this figured out, how to send MMS that is?
  6. phillyboy

phillyboy New Member

here is the apn to send mms and use att internet, if something isn't listed then leave it blank.

Name: (whatever you want)

Apn: wap.cingular
    Username: wap.cingulargps.com
    Password: cingular1
    Mmsc: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    mms proxy: 66.209.11.32
    mms port: 8080
    mcc: 310
    mnc: 410

hope this helps everyone
  7. tilnoon

tilnoon New Member

I have spent weeks with at&t (cause I want decent signal with a sim card) and my unlocked device, and they don't know (choose not to tell) anything (hope they don't prorate me).

This is just a thank you to the individuals in this posting...

I can now utilize my device the way I know it can be used. I do not know where or how you got this information, but it works and I am a happy person using a LG P500... not cause it's the greatest phone but cause it's unlocked and works.

iPhone 4, Atrix whatever the latest is, I've used it... just know I was a sucker once too. How often do we get caught up on the hype and loose sight?

Business is business with those companies, but as the cunsumer I feel when your paying for something... it becomes your business.

Again thanks.
  8. exoplanetary

exoplanetary Member

I have a feeling username is supposed to be wap.cingulargprs.com and not wap.cingulargps.com