• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't send MMS on Boost no matter which ROM I use

did you try updating your prl?

Nope. Is that something I can flash to the phone? If so, just point me in the right direction and I'll give it a shot!

I didn't know what PRL was until googling, so I'm not sure if I need to contact Boost and have them do something or not.

Also, and I don't know if this is related, but when I use "1" to dial my voicemail, it's not calling the right number. I have to manually dial my phone # to check VM. Is that a phone setting or something Boost needs to fix?

Thanks for all your help! Your work has made this phone SO much better :)

Upvote 0
Nope. Is that something I can flash to the phone? If so, just point me in the right direction and I'll give it a shot!

I didn't know what PRL was until googling, so I'm not sure if I need to contact Boost and have them do something or not.

Also, and I don't know if this is related, but when I use "1" to dial my voicemail, it's not calling the right number. I have to manually dial my phone # to check VM. Is that a phone setting or something Boost needs to fix?

Thanks for all your help! Your work has made this phone SO much better :)

go to settings > about phone > system updates > update PRL.

does the button on the buttom left of your dialer work for calling VM?

Upvote 0
go to settings > about phone > system updates > update PRL.

does the button on the buttom left of your dialer work for calling VM?

Ok I tried that and it said that it was updated. Then I rebooted the phone, but I still get the same error when trying to send an MMS. ("Message expired or unavailable" after 10-20 seconds)

I forgot to try the VM button (phone isn't with me atm), but I am pretty sure it dials the old phone number.

The MMS issue is so frustrating!

Upvote 0
Ok I tried that and it said that it was updated. Then I rebooted the phone, but I still get the same error when trying to send an MMS. ("Message expired or unavailable" after 10-20 seconds)

I forgot to try the VM button (phone isn't with me atm), but I am pretty sure it dials the old phone number.

The MMS issue is so frustrating!

have you been messing with hidden menus lately? if you have, you might have screwed something up.

if not, the MMS issue is probably on boost's end.

Upvote 0
have you been messing with hidden menus lately? if you have, you might have screwed something up.

if not, the MMS issue is probably on boost's end.

Nope, I'm not even aware of how to mess with hidden menus. I've also done plenty of factory resets and ROM flashes. I'll contact Boost to see if they can do anything. I have my doubts since they've been unhelpful in the past :-/

Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated!

Upvote 0
Just tell them that when you try to send a mms it fails and you get a error. Say you've done a factory reset but it still won't work.

Nice, my gf called Boost and said she had to enter some codes and now it works!

Slightly off topic, but is SmartassV2 considered an "on-demand" governor? I'm using your 1.0 kernel and am considering updating to 1.5, but I'm hoping to avoid the Camera stutter issue. If SmartassV2 will cause it, then I'll just wait for a newer version. Thanks for all the help!

Upvote 0

Slightly off topic, but is SmartassV2 considered an "on-demand" governor? I'm using your 1.0 kernel and am considering updating to 1.5, but I'm hoping to avoid the Camera stutter issue. If SmartassV2 will cause it, then I'll just wait for a newer version. Thanks for all the help!

I don't know if its on demand but I can confirm that you will get the stutter with smartassv2 since I use it myself

Upvote 0

Yes it is lol.

Upvote 0

I had to do the same thing after changing phone numbers. The Boost rep had me go in tot he hidden menu and change some things. I rebooted and everything was working correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones