• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant send MMS with Vodafone UK

wwwebber

Jan 15, 2010
Absolutely love the phone - even got my mate jealous who owns an iphone lol !!. I've always been a Nokia man through and through until I got the N97 - Nokia really let things slip here so here I am :)

Anyway, I can receive picture messages via MMS ok but cant send them. It tries but fails. Does the Nexus scale photos down to MMS limits or do I need different settings for Vodafone UK ?.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks in advance.

I have the same problem on o2 UK,

On a different forum someone said its due to the size of the mms message being to big for the o2 server, If you look at the message details its near over 600kb sometimes, and reading on forums the max size allowed by o2 is just 300kb.

Not sure if this is the same with voda uk too.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem on o2 UK,

On a different forum someone said its due to the size of the mms message being to big for the o2 server, If you look at the message details its near over 600kb sometimes, and reading on forums the max size allowed by o2 is just 300kb.

Not sure if this is the same with voda uk too.

People elsewhere had guessed this was the problem. Typically MMS images are resized so they can be sent over the network, but the N1 doesn't seem to do this correctly/at all, meaning MMS aren't getting sent.

In theory though, you should still be able to receive them... anyone tried?

Upvote 0
The native messaging software on the Nexus One doesn't seem to automatically reduce image size, so if you take a picture at best quality and attach it to an MMS it just times out and never sends. Different networks have differing maximum MMS sizes.

My workaround is to use Handcent messaging, which is in the Market and free. This automatically compresses any pictures sent via MMS, although, to my taste, it makes them too small!

Upvote 0
I can't receive either on o2 uk, it will let me know i have an MMS but will not download it.
My settings all seem correct so not sure why it'f failing.

Hi, I can send and receive, however as O2 haven't registered the Nexus One any MMS that are received are reduced to 3kb. The Nexus One doesn't resize so any photos above 300K will not be sent and have the red clock constantly until you delete, resize and resend. It's a little bug bear of mine at the moment!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones