Cant send MMS with Vodafone UKSupport

Last Updated:

1. wwwebber

wwwebber Member This Topic's Starter

Absolutely love the phone - even got my mate jealous who owns an iphone lol !!. I've always been a Nokia man through and through until I got the N97 - Nokia really let things slip here so here I am :)

Anyway, I can receive picture messages via MMS ok but cant send them. It tries but fails. Does the Nexus scale photos down to MMS limits or do I need different settings for Vodafone UK ?.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Member

I have a nexus one using a vodafone UK sim card. Haven't tried to send or receive a MMS yet. I'll give it a go and report back.

3. wwwebber

wwwebber Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers :)

4. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Member

hmmm, you may be right. just tried sending a MMS but when i go the message it shows a little icon next to it with a timer (i.e. I don't think it's actually sent it). will have to wait till the wife gets back to make sure (it was her that I sent the MMS to).

5. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Member

just done a bit of googling and it seems to be a common problem with vodafone UK users. However, there doesn't seem to be a solution to the problem as yet.

6. siimot

siimot Member

I have the same problem on o2 UK,

On a different forum someone said its due to the size of the mms message being to big for the o2 server, If you look at the message details its near over 600kb sometimes, and reading on forums the max size allowed by o2 is just 300kb.

Not sure if this is the same with voda uk too.

7. TOR

TOR Well-Known Member

People elsewhere had guessed this was the problem. Typically MMS images are resized so they can be sent over the network, but the N1 doesn't seem to do this correctly/at all, meaning MMS aren't getting sent.

In theory though, you should still be able to receive them... anyone tried?

8. siimot

siimot Member

I can't receive either on o2 uk, it will let me know i have an MMS but will not download it.
    My settings all seem correct so not sure why it'f failing.

9. Alternative

Alternative Member

The native messaging software on the Nexus One doesn't seem to automatically reduce image size, so if you take a picture at best quality and attach it to an MMS it just times out and never sends. Different networks have differing maximum MMS sizes.

My workaround is to use Handcent messaging, which is in the Market and free. This automatically compresses any pictures sent via MMS, although, to my taste, it makes them too small!

10. slm020

slm020 Member

Hi, I can send and receive, however as O2 haven't registered the Nexus One any MMS that are received are reduced to 3kb. The Nexus One doesn't resize so any photos above 300K will not be sent and have the red clock constantly until you delete, resize and resend. It's a little bug bear of mine at the moment!

11. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member

iam on tmobile uk and can send mms without any problems.