• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't send or receive pics!!!!

For sending and receiving pictures (MMS), you have to put the correct provider settings in your phone, this is also needed for going on the internet with your dataplan.

Normally there are instructions for these settings on the website of your provider.

These setting are located in settings --> wireless & network --> mobile networks

Here you can add new networks which will make it able to send/receive MMS and use internet (thats where the information from your providers website is needed).

Upvote 0
My daughter was having the same issue with her phone, but we are not on a prepaid plan. When I called our carrier (ATT), we were told that pictures(sms) use data to transmit so you need a data plan, in order for the pictures to download we had to turn off her wifi and then they showed up. You may be out of luck if your prepaid plan doesn't include any data. Sorry.

Upvote 0
My daughter was having the same issue with her phone, but we are not on a prepaid plan. When I called our carrier (ATT), we were told that pictures(sms) use data to transmit so you need a data plan, in order for the pictures to download we had to turn off her wifi and then they showed up. You may be out of luck if your prepaid plan doesn't include any data. Sorry.

Hmm I didn't knew that there were prepaid cards without data :eek: I'm afraid that you won't be able to send or receive MMS.

If your carier provides data service, then you'll have to fill in their adresses in settings.

If they say you won't be able to use data, then I think they'll know what they are talking about.

The only solutions would be to move to another company.

Upvote 0
Ok so I have a prepaid account & I have a galaxy skyrocket & I was told that I would not be able to send or receive pictures & I'm only able to get on the internet thru wifi, does anyone have a solution to this problem??? HELPPPPPP:(

If you have no signed up for a data plan there is no way for you to send or receive pictures from your device.

You can, however, access the internet via Wifi, just not via Mobile Internet.

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones