Can't send or receive pictures

Last Updated:

1. trapt123

trapt123 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my htc hero today, and i am not able to receive pictures or send them. When i pick a picture and i click "share" it only gives me options to put it on facebook or myspace and such. Do i need to download a app for it? i have unlimited text and picture messaging.

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

When you're composing a text message, press menu and select Attach. It'll give you a bunch of options, one being Picture.

3. trapt123

yeah, but i dont have that option.

4. quantumrand

You don't do it through the picture viewer. You do it through the messaging app. You do it the same way you would text message someone, but on the message input screen, you push Menu and Attach. There should be the Picture option on the top.

5. trapt123

i still dont have that option:( am i supposed to download another messaging app?

6. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

No you're not.

That's really weird :S

7. trapt123

yeah, i called my provider ntelos and they said that the htc hero doesnt have picture messaging...

8. midroid

midroid New Member

My Sprint HTC Hero does it. While creating new message I go to menu, attach and a whole list of options opens up. I just downloaded the handcent SMS app and so far I like it a lot.

9. quantumrand

Odd, my European Hero does it just fine. Try downloading Handcent Messenger and see if you can send photos through that.

10. suzi

suzi New Member

Admittedly I have more questions than answers, but I have one for this problem! I have an Ntelos HTC Hero also, and I was told by the reps at Ntelos that even though photo sending isn't working YET, it will be soon. They expected Jan 2010 sometime. Hope that helps!

11. jbrizz

jbrizz Member

To op: the MMS APN might not be added in.

Go to settings > wireless controls > mobile network settings > access point names.

I had to add my carrier APN settings in here to get it working, but not sure if the option was hidden before I did this or not.

12. wvmedic

wvmedic New Member

I know this is an old post, however I have contacted HTC and Ntelos. Here is the reply from HTC.

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your Hero. I understand that you are unable to receive, or send I assume, picture messages.
    The reason that you cannot use the picture message feature is that you carrier declined to have this feature in the operating system. Picture messaging is not a supported feature on Android 1.5 for the Hero for your carrier.
    I want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I want to thank you for contacting HTC.

Here is Ntelos.

Thank you for your inquiry, at this point we do not have a exact date.
    We have been informed it will be this year. Have a good day.

Now dose anyone know of a app that will work around this? I really like my hero but I switched to a quantico because of the picture texting problem with the hero.

Jeff
    We have been informed it will be this year. Have a good day.