• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't send or receive pictures

trapt123

Lurker
Dec 22, 2009
I just got my htc hero today, and i am not able to receive pictures or send them. When i pick a picture and i click "share" it only gives me options to put it on facebook or myspace and such. Do i need to download a app for it? i have unlimited text and picture messaging.

I know this is an old post, however I have contacted HTC and Ntelos. Here is the reply from HTC.

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your Hero. I understand that you are unable to receive, or send I assume, picture messages.
The reason that you cannot use the picture message feature is that you carrier declined to have this feature in the operating system. Picture messaging is not a supported feature on Android 1.5 for the Hero for your carrier.
I want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I want to thank you for contacting HTC.

Here is Ntelos.

Thank you for your inquiry, at this point we do not have a exact date.
We have been informed it will be this year. Have a good day.

Now dose anyone know of a app that will work around this? I really like my hero but I switched to a quantico because of the picture texting problem with the hero.

Jeff
We have been informed it will be this year. Have a good day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones