can't send pictures in Mail appSupport

Last Updated:

1. ignatz

ignatz Member This Topic's Starter

I've had a stock Froyo EVO for a couple of weeks. A colleague got one before me and one thing that he reported was that after the Froyo update he could not send pictures in the stock Mail app. I have replicated this. No matter the picture size, it will not send through the Maill app. Gmail works fine for this. My colleague says it worked before, but has broken on 2.2.

Has this issue come up before? I couldn't find any threads for it. It's very annoying, because one of the main uses we have for the phone is to snap pictures of machines in the field and send them back to the office. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member

I dont seem to be having any issues doing this...

what steps are you using to accomplish this..?

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Menu...add attachment....worked fine for me just now on 2.2

4. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member

yep thats how i do it

5. ignatz

I have tried it the way you describe and also directly from the Gallery app. Neither way works. The message sits in the outbox. Other emails leave immediately. My first tests sat in the outbox for days, occasionally throwing errors. It worked fine on my Hero, which was running a rooted 2.2.

My colleague who shares the problem is in IT, so if it were an Exchange problem I think he would find it. Not sure what to make of the fact that no one else has seen this. I'll touch base with IT and see what else he has checked. Thanks for the replies.

6. ignatz

I've had a file sitting in my outbox since my last post on 9/8 and it still hasn't sent. No one has a clue why this would be?

7. ccarpinteri

ccarpinteri New Member

I am having the exact same problem, but for me its not just pictures. I tried to attach a PDF and its also sitting in the outbox. I tried attaching a picture the same way and it too is sitting in the outbox. Help!