Can't send/receive text messages after upgrading to ICS 4.0.4 on Galaxy S3!Support

1. Mandroid_29

Mandroid_29 New Member

I recently did an over-the-air update on my Galaxy S3 from 4.0.1 to 4.0.4 and now it won't send/receive text messages. The only exception is when I make a phone call, any texts that were sent to me throughout the day will come all at once while I'm talking on the phone. Any one else having this issue? Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. androidguy23

androidguy23 New Member

I did have a similar issue, kind of dumb, tho, have you tried deleting all your threads, and resending a complete new text? I did that and it worked for some reason.
  3. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Try clearing the cache of the sms app from within settings > applications
  4. donmeca2020

donmeca2020 Well-Known Member

try restarting your phone also, that might remedy the problem
  5. Mandroid_29

Mandroid_29 New Member

Clearing the cache/past messages and starting new texts to contacts didn't resolve the issue. I've also tried resetting the phone numerous times. Someone on reddit suggested having my carrier reset the network because they were having the same issue. I'll try that, hopefully it works.

thanks for the suggestions tho....
  6. johnhammond999

johnhammond999 New Member

I have the exact same problem and can't get it to work. Have you managed to sort it?
  7. quacks

quacks Member

add me to the list!
  8. MohicanFr

MohicanFr New Member

Same problem for me and the wife: SMS stopped working.
  9. quacks

quacks Member

my iphone was on - i was transferring data - even though cell was inactive imessage was deadboxing texts from other iphones :mad:
  10. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Another phone intercepting messages is one idea and another is to set up SMSC under messaging settings.