1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can't send sms while "data network mode" is activated. Galaxy aceSupport

1. megerdin

megerdin New Member

Hello everyone, I Can't send SMS while "data network mode" is activated. on my Galaxy ace. I can only receive text.

Its says, "Message not sent" select to review the message and try again.

However Its works fine with everything else. Like.........

I can send/receive text while using wifi.
    I can send/receive text while "data network mode" is deactivated.

Any solution? please reply!

Thank you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. megerdin

megerdin New Member

Thanx @jezcooke

However I find a horrible fix. I put my network from 3G to 2g (GSM) only. Now I can send text.

Although no 3G !
  3. Frank01709

Frank01709 Member

I have the same problem, I contacted T mobile and they said its a known issue and are waiting for Samsung to come up with an update. But when I contact Samsung they say they don't know anything about it.
  4. smaklnz

smaklnz New Member

I'm having the same issue.

Android 2.2.1
    Build FROYO.BUKC2
    Model GT-S5830
    Connected to Vodafone New Zealand

But it seems to be fixed (I can now send sms while connected on 3G) by manually setting the SMSC number (it was blank before).

Instructions/Settings for Vodafone NZ here:
    forum.vodafone.co.nz/topic/5736-nexus-one-unable-to-send-smstxt/
    Siglo6 likes this.
  5. xojess09

xojess09 Member

Hey there! I might be a little late but just suggesting a possible solution for anyone that might have the same problem! I was having this problem today(texts not sending while data is enabled), and I just got a new phone for Christmas. Luckily there was a T-Mobile store near by, so I went in there and turns out I had an outdated SIM card. I had a 2G SIM card and my new phone is 4G. They switched me to a new SIM and now texts send when I have data enabled! :)
  6. saintetienne

saintetienne Active Member

7. NoelC

NoelC New Member

Hi guys i am a fellow sufferer with a new galaxy ace and having to go to g2 to send texts-i am with t mobile-what do we hav to to do to rectify this?

I am a non tecchie - do i have to complain to T mobile or samsung here?

I have found this thread amazingly helpful and thank everyone for their help
  8. saintetienne

saintetienne Active Member

All the info is in the thread
  9. NoelC

NoelC New Member

Hi Guys

I wonder if anybody has had the problem of making the phone talk to your pc.

I now find that even having downloaded the samsung drivers on to my pc that my computer does not appear to recognise the device. i have downloaded the latest Kies firmware and my pc is saying it has the appropriate drivers on it too.

The phone was a refurb through e2save and had Froyo 2.2 on it.

Do you need a disk to get it all set up? Surely not in this day and age?

Thanks again to all who have replied.
  10. drSushil

drSushil New Member

can any body suggest the way ahead. I am unable to send sms if the 3g is active, which gives a failiure notice for every sms sent.I have updated the software in a samsung galaxy store but all in vain.
  11. PaulS

PaulS Well-Known Member

Check the hep and support page of your provider/phone network and that your APN settings are the correct ones for your connection.You can usually get an automated text sent from the provider that will install the correct settings should they have become broken.

HTH :viking: