1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Cant send video??

1. jusdebbie

jusdebbie Well-Known Member

Is there a trick? Any video i try to send it says "sorry, you can not attach this to your message." What is that all about? My eris did the same thing so i just gave up but this just doesnt seem right! Please help!

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I would think a video would be wayyy too large of a file to send via MMS.
  3. jusdebbie

But prior to using android phones i used to be able to...
  4. Zahav

Zahav Well-Known Member

Your video is too large. In the settings for the camcorder(the one that you slide out from the left side of the screen when in video capture mode) there is an option that lets you limit the size of the recording to 1 Megabyte. The maximum size of an MMS is about 1MB. Turn on that setting in order to ensure that your video will fit in the MMS. To send larger files, use E-mail.
  5. jjj1234

jjj1234 Member

To overcome this file size limit headache, try YouCast for Android (www.youcast.net) --- It allows you to send files from android to android or android to PC without file size limit. You could download the app from market://search?q=pname:com.youcast.android.UI
  6. jusdebbie

I loaded this. But, my videos save under my camera pics and when i try to find that to attach and send i cant locate it!!
  7. jjj1234

jjj1234 Member

If your video is at your SD card, after clicking "Add file", click the SD card icon to browser.
    copied a screen shot from youcast web site
    http://www.youcast.net/HOWTOUSE/YouCastforAndroid.aspx

[​IMG]
  8. aselby11

aselby11 Member

I use Android SendIT ... it will let you Email it a video to anyone with out size limits ...

Just search the market for "email Video" it was the first one when I downloaded it ...

Its simple and fast
  9. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

but like YouCast, does your recipient need to download the App also to receive the video...
  10. Aselby

Aselby Active Member

with Android SendIT .. only the send needs the app
  11. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I don't see many reviews about the YouCast app, so how's it been working, it seems pretty good if your sending, or would like to send video/photos amoung friends/assoc without comcern of adjusting your camera/video to a low resolution or limited time for recording video.
  12. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

Well.....with the resolution set to 720p, 1MB is 1 second of video recording...and with the resolution on VGA (640x480) it's 4 seconds of video. On the lowest resolution setting....QVGA (320X240) it's only 10 seconds. When I had my LG env touch I could send 60 seconds of video in a txt message. For such an amazing phone this is just crazy.
  13. CM67

CM67 Well-Known Member

I dont know if this will help you at all but,

I send videos using the standard messaging app all the time, however I dont know how or if it will even send already previously saved videos.

I open up message and pick a contact, then click on attach ... then click attach from camcorder, it will then record a video for 60 seconds or less, you will have to stop it if you want it less, and it resizes it and attaches it to message, then click send ... been doing it since I got it.

Again I have never really figured out how to send a video through the standard messaging without doing it this way without actually emailing it or using some other service, but this works great if you want to take a video right then and send it fast through the standard message app.