Cant send videos through emailSupport

1. kansas-steve

kansas-steve New Member

I can't send any of my recorded videos by e-mail or text message. I had no problem with this on my exclaim or Instinct HD. How do I go about this?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

Lower the resolution of the videos you are taking to ensure they dont reach the size limit. Im pretty sure you wont be able to send any 720p video via mms
  3. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

does anyone know the size limit for an mms?
  4. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

5. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

I tried emailing a video for the first time today to various emails but they failed everytime. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also does anyone know how to upload photos and videos when the phone is plugged in? When I click the Import pictures and videos button it tries to upload hundreds of random things I have no clue of, and I cant find the pictures in the folders. Whats the easiest way to do this besides uploading everything then deleting everything I dont need?
  6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Check the file size - email has limits.

Use drag and drop. Your pictures and vids are in DCIM/MEDIA100.
    midget and whtge8 like this.
  7. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

40MB, only a 42 second video. Im sending through hotmail but I am not sure what the limit is.

Whats the easiest way to upload this into my computer? I cant seem to find a Photos or Videos folder when plugged into my laptop.
  8. EarlyMon

Probably like 5 to 10 MB.

See above for folder.
  9. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

Thanks a million bro! :cool:

Hm, I uploaded the videos but got no sound from them, weird. Anyone know whats up? Sorry to bother yall with these minor issues that Im sure are pretty simple to resolve.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  10. R1_Rydah

R1_Rydah Well-Known Member

try to play the vids with quicktime or vlc
  11. EarlyMon

A video file consists of a container (the layout of the file) and codecs (specs for the audio and video).

Your setup is missing a codec for playback (and that you're on Windows?).

You might try converting them to a more popular format, then.

I recommend - MPEG STREAMCLIP FOR MAC AND WINDOWS

And that does require QuickTime - but if as a Windows user, you have an objection to that, the site above gives you an work-alike alternative.

For OS X, you want to also install Perian - The Swiss Army Knife of QuickTime Components

For Windows with QuickTime - Windows Media Components for QuickTime - from Microsoft

Then see if it works with your Windows Media player, and then share with friends and family.

Or - just install the free software and codecs only for your own enjoyment and skip the conversions.
  12. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

File size for messages cannot exceed either 300
    or 600kb.
  13. EarlyMon

That's the MMS limit?
  14. tysonmax

tysonmax Member

Typically the cap on email attachments is 10mb as stated above. Even then, it'll take forever to send.
  15. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

When i have to send a video to family i upload it to YouTube as private and send the link in the email.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  16. Aselby

Aselby Active Member

I use Android SendIT ... it works great for me

it lets you email a video to anyone without any size limits
    D2nasty likes this.
  17. Aselby

Aselby Active Member

If the person that your sending it to has email you can use Android SendIT (its on the market) ... it lets you email any sized video to anyone
    Mr. Ed likes this.
  18. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

You can set the MMS size in Handcent up to 2MB... But that doesn't mean the other person can receive it. Sprint has a normal 1MB cap on software - Verizon has a 300k cap on standard devices - 1MB cap on advanced devices... Not sure on AT&T and T-Mo...
  19. joey123

joey123 Active Member

I think the best way to email a video is through qik . Its free not like android sendIt which you have to buy and it only stores it online for 72 hours.all you have to do its to upload it
  20. bbq

bbq New Member

how do you share videos with qik?
  21. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl New Member

I know I should probably read the manual...but that just doesn't really explain much. First time user for the Sprint EVO...explain to me in minutes how long the videos have to be to send via text or email with my yahoo account? They did not even attach when I tried to send them through email. I have one that is like 1 minute and 19 seconds. Then I tried to hook it up to the computer and send through regular pc email...what is hotspot?