cant set a sound for message and ect.Support

Last Updated:

1. ItsBenaWhile

ItsBenaWhile Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded a app callled zadge or something and all I want to is have that aol "you got mail" for my texts ad it won't work. I tried setting it with it and it won't work then when I go to menu and notifications I can't select one I have downloaded on my sd. Could someone help me out thanks

Advertisement
  2. ItsBenaWhile

i just need help setting it and making it work. would really like help. im tried of the facebook pop.

3. Howard Packer

Howard Packer Well-Known Member

Not sure if you tried this, but you have to create a media folder on your sd card. Inside of that folder, make two subfolders: one for audio, and one for video. Go into the audio subfile, and make othe subfiles within that: alarms, music, notifications, and ringtones. Store your Zedge files within these files. That should do it.

Oh, and your phone will only be able to access the sound when it is not mounted. So, if you have your USB cable connected for charging or synching, make sure to unmount after you are done, or the selected Zedge tone won't work.

4. ItsBenaWhile

Ill try to make a new folder with ringtones but the app has its own so idk what the dff. Would be but I tried to set it with zadge and it still doesn't work and when I try and do it with the android menu it won't let me look for a file on my sd card? Why is that

5. ItsBenaWhile

I I can't get the sound to show up to pick through the android menu so what do I do? Cause I pick it through the app settings and it still won't work :((

6. Howard Packer

Howard Packer Well-Known Member

Not sure about that. I just downloaded a couple of ringtones/notifications. I didn't get a full program. That might require a different solution.

Notice the file structure for the ringtones/notifications as I mentioned above. Then, I just selected the tone within the regular application, which now shows these added tones as choices from the list.

Also, don't forget to have the phone unmounted when you are selecting the tone, or it won't show up on your choices.

Attached Files:

7. doneve141

doneve141 Well-Known Member

My wife has the Zedge app on her Epic as do I on my HTC. We don't have any problem downloading ringtones and using them for what ever item we want to set them as. When we go to settings, sound and display, and choose the item we want to change. The phone asks witch to use, Zedge or Android system. Either one works. I have read in the forums over the last year about my HTC, some people have this problem and others don't. I have found that it is usually small things. Was the phone pluged in to a computer? How are your settings set up? Do you have your phone set to accept 3rd party apps? Those are the things I would look at. I set up my wife's just like mine.