Can't set up emailSupport

Last Updated:

1. hscvt

hscvt New Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got the Samsung Fascinate last night and am having a problem setting up my email. I set up the gmail which they said I had to in order to access the marketplace - however when I go to the email app to set up my charter email account - I enter my email address and password - it says it's checking incoming network and then gives me an error saying it is unable to open connection to server. I've tried the automatic set up and manual - and I have no luck with either one. I have Verizon as my carrier - and looked on their site and Charter is a server that I should be able to set up email with on this phone.

Obviously I"m not that "saavy" with this stuff - and am not sure what to do to solve this problem. Wanted to check here first before calling them.

Advertisement
  2. milgaroo82man

milgaroo82man New Member

same happen here after I factory resetting..

did you find out how ?

3. MJMcMahon

MJMcMahon Well-Known Member

hscvt -

This site has the basic settings necessary to configure your Fascinate to connect to Charter's e-mail servers:

Mobile Email Settings - Charter Communications

In short:

If your mobile device was not addressed in above section, the following directions may be of assistance.
    • You will need the following information to allow your Smartphone to connect to mobile.charter.net.
    • Username : username@charter.net
    • Make sure you enter @charter.net after your username or you will be unable to login.
    • Password: The password you use to login to your e-mail account
    • SSL : This setting should be on for both SMTP and IMAP
    • SMTP: mobile.charter.net
      • Port 587
      • Note: If you cannot specify a port on your device - try mobile.charter.net:587
    • IMAP: mobile.charter.net
      • Port 993
      • Note: If you cannot specify a port on your device - try mobile.charter.net:993
    • If applicable: a login will be required when sending and receiving mail.
    • Please refer to your manufacturers Knowledge Base or Technical Support with additional questions

4. anaxdlere

anaxdlere New Member

I was able to successfully set up my Charter email on my fascinate phone, but now my Outlook account on my desktop gives an error message "Error your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it" and I cannot receive email in Outlook anymore. I changed the settings to "Leave Messages on the server" in Outlook, but don't see a similar setting on the Samsung Fascinate. Anyone else run into this?

5. anaxdlere

anaxdlere New Member

Figured it out. Had to change my charter email to IMAP as well instead of POP3

6. abcmbrady

abcmbrady New Member

I am also having problems setting up my comcast.net email. I now have it running..but it only receives messages once or twice a day instead of every 5 minutes as I set up..any words of wisdom? Could I forward my comcast to gmail? if so..how? Anyone?