1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Can't setup Exchange Email on LG P990 Optimus 2X

1. lindseym

lindseym New Member

I have a employee in our company that would like to be able to get his company email on his phone, (LG-P990H) We have our company email hosted on a2003 Exchange server.

I have people in the company accessing their company emails using Samsung Captivate phones on the US Cellular network and one person on Verizon using a DroidX phone (and 20 people running iPad2's). These people have no problems with getting their emails.

The gentleman that owns the LG-P550H is on Viaero, but none of the exchange server email settings that work perfect on the other devices work to setup email on his phone. Does anyone know a trick to this?

I went to MS Exchange...
    1) Entered his email address: hisusername@domain.com
    2) Username: hisusername
    3) Password: hispassword
    4) Domain: domain.com (and I've tried domain.com\hisusername)
    5) Server Address: subdomain.domain.com
    6) Turned off the SSL (and tried with it on)

Any ideas or help would be welcome, I feel like I've tried everything I can think of!

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. evilrabbit

evilrabbit New Member

I had the same problem and after a little browsing around on the internet I found a solution. You have to uninstall the stock email.apk and install Enhanced Email.apk from quantumsolutions [dot] us